Hydroponics and Horticulture Used Expanded PerliteApplication: Horticulture, Hydroponics, Roof gardens, Seeds staring, Plant rooting, Planters, Filter, Constructions, Insulations, Absorb floating soil
Packaging Details: 100-120L PP bags, ton bags, or do as your requests.
Perlite is not a trade name but a generic term for naturally occurring siliceous rock. The distinguishing feature which sets perlite apart from other volcanic glasses is that when heated to a suitable point in its softening range, it expands from four to twenty times its original volume.
This expansion is dues to the presence of two to six percent combined water in the crude perlite rock. When quickly heated to above 871°C (1600°F), the crude rock pops in a manner similar to popcorn as the combined water vaporizes and creates countless tiny bubbles which account for the amazing light weight and other exceptional physical properties of expanded perlite.
This expansion process also creates one of perlite's most distinguishing characteristics: its white color. While the crude rock may range from transparent light gray to glossy black, the color of expanded perlite ranges from snowy white to grayish white.
Expanded perlite can be manufactured to weigh as little as (32kg/m3) making it adaptable for numerous applications in the construction, industrial, chemical and horticultural.
Since perlite is a form of natural glass, it is classified as chemically inert and has a pH of approximately 6.5 - 7.5
Chemical and Physical properties:
|Free moisture||Around 0.5%|
|Specific gravity||2.2 - 2.4|
|Bulk Density||70 - 120kg/m3|
|Softening Point ||890 - 1100oC|
|Fusion Point||1280 - 1380oC|
1. Soil structure is improved due to the near ideal air-water relationship that is developed in the growing media.
2. The air holding capacity of the soil is increased and adequate drainage is assured.
3. Over watering and under watering losses are reduced due to the surface structure of the particle that retains 3 or 4 times its weight in water without penetrating the particle. Excess water will drain off.
4. Cracking and crusting of soil surface is reduced or prevented.
5. Soil compaction is prevented.
6. A more even distribution of the root system is made possible throughout the entire growing media.
7. Horticultural Perlite is easy to handle, does not require sterilization and mixes may be accurately duplicated due to consistent perlite quality.
8. Uniform growing and propagating media are insured regardless of season or location.
1. Q: Are you a factory or trading company?
A: We are a real manufacturer of professional ore mining.
2. Q: Where is your factory located? How can I visit there?
A: Our factory is located in LingShou County, ShiJiazhuang city, Hebei province, China.
All our clients are from home or overseas, and warmly welcome to visit us!
3. Q: How to get the price list?
A: Pls email or call ,to us with items' names which you like together with your details(name,details e-mail address,telephone,etc), we will send to you asap.
4. Q: Do you have certificate?
A: Yes, we can offer the SGS certificate..
5. Q: What's the shipping method and delivery time?
A: Our products could be shipped by Sea, by Air or by Express. Which method to be used is based on the weight and size of the package and with consideration of customer's requirements. By sea: 7-40 days.
6. Q: Can I use my own forwarder to transport the products for me?
A: Yes, if you have your own forwarder, we can ship the goods to your forwarder and let your forwarder ship the products for you. And then you will no need to pay the freight to us.
7. Q: What's the Payment method?
A: We can accept T/T, Western Union or visit factory in Cash as payment method, 50% deposit before production, the balance before delivery
8. Q: How to place an order?
A: Please kindly let us know what you're looking for by email or phone call etc..
B: We will quote you and confirm the PI with total price.
(We wish to know the below: Delivery information-company name, details address, phone, destination, transportation way ; Product information such as: size, quantity, quality etc..
C: Transporting the goods.
9. Q: How does your factory do regarding quality control?
A: Quality is the most important, we can let the Third Part test our quality of goods, and also welcome To our factory to test our goods.